- Eat healthy - Avoid processed food and junk food, instead have raisins, nuts, popcorn etc.
- Drink lots of water - Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water per day. Drop those sugary beverages, sodas & juices and replace them with some water and squeeze of lemon.
- Eat whole grains like bread, cereals & pastas.
- Exercise regularly not the hard way by brisk walking or a normal walk in the park for 15-20 mins.
- Breast feeding can help you lose weight.
- Follow a healthy diet.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Weight gain after pregnancy seems to be a common thing and needs to be tracked for over weight issues. Here are some useful tips to help you lose post-pregnancy weight.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Weight lose have become a common problem in today’s generation due to the hectic and unorganized lifestyle that we follow every day. Weight loss is not a mysterious process it’s a simple matter of burning calories than what you eat. But today when weight loss comes in mind people think about diet, pills & other fitness products available in the market that gives instant results. But all this is a myth the real success to losing weight is make small changes each day right from wake up and breakfast to dinner and sleep and the results will be there for you.
How many calories do I burn to lose a pound of fat?
The answer is 3500 calories is the approximate amount of energy contained in a pound of fat. So for instance if one intends to lose one pound per week then 3500/7 which accounts to 500 calories per day.
Below is a step by step process to getting started:
- Know your BMR (Basal Metabolic rate) : BMR refers to the minimum amount of energy required to sustain vital functions such as digestion, breathing & circulation. So it is important to know your BMR for efficient weight loss.
- Keep a track of calories burnt from regular activities done on daily basis. For examples calories burnt by exercising, dancing, playing are some of the examples. This will help to know and keep a close track of calories burnt and what is required to be done.
- Keep close track of calories intake on daily basis. This can be done by noting down your regular eating & drinking habits. But make sure that your calories intake does not go above a level as that much effort more will be required to burn it.
- To sum it up take your BMR number, add it to calories activity and subtract it from food intake. So in short if you eat more you gain more and if you’re burning more then you eat then you lose weight.
Say for example my BMR is 1800 calories and I burn 1000 calories on daily basis. Now to maintain my weight I need to intake 2800 calories but, after close track of my food habits I come to know that my actual intake is 3100 calories. So with these 300 extra calories one can gain one pound in approximate 12 days. So make sure that your intake of calories & burning of calories are not much as it would lead to excess weight.
Hope this helps for people who need to lose weight not the hard way but the easy way.
Having a flat belly is always a dream for everyone but it is not the easiest of the task. So how does one get that perfect felt belly and stay like that? Here are some useful tips to reduce belly fat.
1. Exercise regularly
Try doing cardiac or aerobic workouts regularly for 20-25 minutes this will bring down the fat building compounds and will reduce fat.
2. Ensure that you have good diet regime
Only exercise will not help along with that you need to have a proper diet intake to supplement it. So make sure that you eat healthy home cooked food and avoid junk food else exercising will be of no use.
3. Eat at regular intervals
Get that perfect diet by eating in small intervals. Instead of going on dieting eat at small intervals right from breakfast till your dinner break it into intervals of 3 hours. It is known that whatever intake we take remains in stomach for 2 hours. So don’t stuff yourself at one time.
4. Avoid food that has high salt content
Salt in excess can be very harmful as it absorbs water. So always have salt free or food that has less salt.
Follow the above useful tips with some strict discipline and you should be able to achieve and maintain it with pride.
Fat reduction in our diet becomes more of an issue each day - as humans get... FATTER, that didn't sound too good! But that's the truth. There are so much fat content in our diet that fat reduction can no longer be ignored. Cheese, margarine, and butter - all are loaded with fat. What's a better way to reduce fat than get rid of those ingredients?
Good question, simple solution, but it's easier said than done. Fat reduction isn't quite easy when majority of the population loves to eat fatty food.
Did you know: we are currently dinning out in restaurants 3 to 4 times a week! And each restaurant meal contains 1,000 to 2,000 calories - as much as our recommended daily intake! What's more, these meals contain at least 50 to 100 grams of fat!
But all is not lost, here are 10 great tips on fat reduction, and following a healthier diet (in no particular order):
1. Replace butter, margarine, and hard fats with low fat spreads, or polyunsaturated margarine. Tip: for toasts and sandwiches, replace the butter, margarine with reduced sugar jams and marmalades.
2. When cooking meat, always trim away visible fat and skin.
3. Cut down your intake of high fat red meats, and eat more lean white meats such as fish and chicken.
4. Use tofu and beans as an alternative source of protein.
5. Steaming is one of the healthiest ways to cook vegetables, chicken, and fish.
6. Use different types of spices and seasonings to spice up your low fat recipes and diet. Fat reduced foods don't have to taste bland.
7. Use skimmed milk instead of full fat milk.
8. When roasting or grilling meat, place on a rack to allow the fat to drain.
9. Eat out less often, and eat home cooked meals more. It's not only healthier, it saves you money.
10. Everyone should know this - exercising regularly and eating a healthy, low fat diet is the best methods to fat reduction. Not through some fat burning pill or fat reducing miracle. It's just good, common sense.
Follow these 10 tips, and you're already ahead of majority of the population. These tips are an excellent start to fat reduction in your diet, and to lead a healthier, happier life